One of the most widely known restaurants in the area was the two story wooden building known as the Cascades. The 45×100 foot restaurant was built in 1927 and a ballroom was added in 1934 that featured live entertainment. Count Basie once played there as well as many of the prominent “Big Bands” of that era. The Adirondack style building on Cascades Road was destroyed by fire in January 1952 and all that remains today is the stone chimney, part of the foundation, and the beautiful cascading waterfall.
Click to view larger.